Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Note To Self: Stay off Google

So sorry it's been a little while since my last post. I've been super busy lately with trying to get ready for Luke's birthday party and Thanksgiving, job hunting, child care hunting, family Christmas pictures, doctor visits, Saturday date with my Love, and re-doing our front yard...(plus all the other daily chores that have to be done and spending quality time with my sugar booger)
BUT you better believe I didn't forget to take pictures!!!!! :D

For those of you who know me, you know how I sit at the table and I think it is hilarious that my son is already starting to copy me.


The toddler picky eating mess has already started to kick in. He can sit there and eat a whole degggum container of puffs or yogurt melts but if I put little pieces of egg or whole wheat toast down, he just pushes it around with his finger. We're workin' on it...

 
It was absolutely beautiful outside Friday and Saturday. Levi took off work Friday so he was off work 4 days in a row! Loved it. Boog and I helped Daddy work in the front yard Friday. He was not up for pictures though. Too much to look at, Mom!!
 



Saturday about mid morning I was changing his diaper and noticed a HUGE rash on his tummy. Panicked. I texted my mother in law and my friend and neither one of them knew what it was. (Levi was at the gym during all of this.) It was Luke's nap time so I put him to bed and decided if it got worse or didn't go away soon I would take him to the doctor. Then stupid me decided to look on the Internet to try to figure out what kind of rash it was. STUPID! I about had him diagnosed with Scarlet Fever....
So, stressed out and on the verge of tears, I tip-toed in his room with a flash light every 5 minutes to check on him.


Levi got home, calmed me down, Luke's rash started to go down a little, and then while I was in the shower Levi decided to inform me of something..... Earlier that morning before he left for the gym, he and Luke had been playing in the bedroom. Levi had pulled Luke by his arm on his belly across the carpet and he thinks his shirt must have come up and given him a carpet burn. Holy Moly. This whole time I'm thinking my child is terminally ill and it's a stinkin' carpet burn. ::sigh:: It'll be funny in the future I'm sure.


I then packed Luke up and we headed to Linden so Luke could spend the night with his Mama J and Poppy. (And so Momma and Daddy could go on a date!) We had a great time, of course. We watched a little football at Buffalo Wild Wings (I people watched), then we went to Zapatas, and then went home and hung out on the back porch. As much as I miss Luke when he's not home, it sure is nice to spend some alone time with my Love ;)

 

Luke went to the doctor this morning and got the final round of his flu shot. He did so good. He cried a little bit and then when I picked him up off the table he shot the nurse a "go to you know where" look. And then he was all better! ha


He's developed a fascination with his tongue all of the sudden.

 
And some mad xylophone playing skills.


His birthday party is this Saturday and I AM SO EXCITED!!!! and so sad at the same time. My wittle baby is almost one year old. Seems like yesterday he was one WEEK old.

Crazy..


No comments:

Post a Comment