Friday, December 7, 2012

He Slept a Lot...

In my last post I told y'all about Luke running fever and teething. Well, after 3 hours of crying and kicking and screaming at bedtime Monday night, I knew something wasn't right. He woke up Tuesday morning with fever again (making that the 3rd day in a row with fever) so I decided it was time to take him to the doctor. Doctor said baby had a really bad ear infection in his left ear. This is the first time he's been sick since June!
He did NOT like to sleep flat (his ears hurt worse when flat), so I let him sleep propped up on my chest. This is how our week has been....
 
Monday he slept a lot on top of me
 
Tuesday he slept a lot on top of me

Wednesday he slept a lot on top of me
 
Thursday he slept a lot on top of me
 
And then a miracle occured on Friday. He woke up with no tears and no fever! After breakfast, I decided to get the Christmas decorations back down and put a few more ornaments on the tree and let him play in a strand of lights. I think these may be my new favorite pictures.
 
Look at that happy, pain free boy :)

 I am so happy he is feeling better. This week might have been just as hard on me as it has been on him. It hurts me when he doesn't feel good. I hope I'm not jinxing him by writing all this "feel good" stuff.
 
Oh, and notice you don't see any ornaments on the tree. I stopped them about a few inches higher than you can see in the picture so Luke couldn't get them. This way he can touch the tree all he wants and I don't have to stay on him all day. Our tree is pre-lit so he can touch the lights and not mess those up. And the presents you see..they're fake. I want presents under the tree, but I also don't want to sound like a broken record and say "No, don't touch those" a million times this month. So, I just wrapped some empty boxes with heavy books in them (so he can't push them around the house like he does everything else). He can touch and play with them all he wants and I don't have to worry about them getting messed up. The real presents will be kept in our bedroom. That little ribbon that you see hanging down... yeah, he's pulled at that a few times but no biggie. I was really fearing the whole tree thing with a one year old, but it's worked out very nicely. Well, I need to go be productive now that I (Luke) slept all night last night and I have some energy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment