Monday, December 3, 2012

Medicine and Love

Luke and I have been pretty lazy the past week. I guess we've been resting up from how busy we were the week before. But of course, we make sure to swing everyday! I just say the word "swing" or "outside" and he gets so excited! 
 Eating time has become one of my least favorite times these days.. He's still not too fond of the whole "big boy food" (table food/food that he has to pick up and chew) On this particular morning he decided to smear bananas in his hair. Even though I had to re-wash his hair, it was pretty funny.
We read Boogie Monster and put on our Boogie Monster legs that came with the book! I think he liked them!
 Bath time has been a tad bit challenging lately because he doesn't want to just sit on his booty and play with his toys anymore. He wants to crawl all over the tub so you have to wash whatever body part is facing you at the time. Check out the hair...
 Our new favorite game is "I'm gonna get you!!!!!" I get on my hands and knees and we crawl around the house chasing each other. He laughs so hard sometimes he gets choked up!
Look who started walking! Something just clicked the other day and he started walking with his walker and behind his motorcycle.
 The cute little mullet got chopped off Saturday. ---RIP little mullet---
 At the barber's shop waiting to get their hair cut. "Are you sure about this, Daddy?"
Baby's first haircut! He did NOT like it. Poor thing cried the entire time.
No more mullet. He's lookin like a little man now. We had more errands to run after he got his hair cut, but we had to come home and give him a bath. His hair was stuck all over him because of his tears.
Getting a haircut is EXHAUSTING! He fell asleep on my shoulder while I was talking to Memaw on the phone and telling her all about it.
I just think this picture is cute. I was giving him some medicine right before we ate and he spilled it all over his shirt so I had to take it off. He's licking the medicine off his lips.
 Sunday and today he has been running fever and teething. The only thing that makes him semi happy is reading books and watching cartoons while laying on top of me.
He was feeling so bad this morning, moaning and groaning, so I started rocking him and he fell asleep while chewing on his hand.

He seems to be feeling a little better this afternoon. We'll see if his fever comes back when the Tylenol wears off here shortly. This teething mess is for the birds. I hate when I know he feels bad but there is nothing I can do but give him medicine and love on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment