Monday, June 27, 2011

16 Weeks Pregnant!

Week 16
-a few days late...I was preoccupied on Friday :)
Over the past three weeks your magical-gro baby has managed to add on yet another 2 full inches of length (totaling about 4.5 inches) and now weighs a whopping 3.5 ounces! Guess what? Your little lollipop is not so bobble-headed anymore! Yep, your baby's head-to-body ratio is starting to even out, as the rest of their body - including their arms and legs (the better to kick you with!) plays catch-up.One of the most anticipated moments in pregnancy is the "quickening" or the first time you undeniably feel your child move inside of you.
Women claim to feel it as early as 14 weeks. That said, other women laugh at the thought of that woman cherishing a fart that's rumbling in her small intestines. In general, it's safe to say that after 18 - 20 weeks, all women will experience the quickening as a definitive non-fart poke or prod from within their womb.
The bones that are now in place in his ears means he can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car. In fact, studies have found that babies who are sung to while they're in the womb recognize the same tune when it's sung to them after they are born (so choose your baby Muzak with that in mind…). While he’s getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in his body, especially the ones in his back, are gaining strength, so he can straighten out a little more.
This little one's a looker — with a face that has both eyebrows and eyelashes — but a skinny looker since there's no baby fat yet. And here's the skinny on baby skin: It's practically translucent now, so if you took a peek inside your uterus, you'd be able to see your baby's blood vessels under that thin skin.
~length4.5 in | 11.4 cm
~weight 3.5 oz | 100 g
~BabyGaga.com and Whattoexpect.com

I can definitely tell the baby has been growing lately! My tummy is feeling a lot different and my scar from where my belly button ring was is looking a tad bit stretched. I have also been having a lot of tugging and stretching cramps. He/She is getting comfy and making room! :)
My next appointment is this week. I'm so excited. I can't wait to hear my little sugar plum's heart beat again. I just wish I could get the ultrasound done to tell whether its a boy or a girl :( Oh well....what's four more weeks when I've waited this long, right? ......sigh.......
Levi went to Sam's yesterday and bought our first big box of diapers! I got them out and played with one and Levi said, "Yeah, let's just see if you still feel that way about them this time next year." haha True..true..
We are going to try and go to Dallas this weekend to look at cribs and hopefully be able to make a decision on one. I can't wait to get our crib and chair for some reason.
Well, that's all I have for now...and baby's hungry for a snack ;D
Love,
Impatient Mommy and Growing Lollipop

1 comment:

  1. And no, I have no idea why this blog has a white background??

    ReplyDelete