Friday, June 10, 2011

Trimester 2---Yaaaayyyy!

Wow, look at me go. Already posting again! :) I had to write something today though! Today's a milestone... I am now in my second trimester! I'm so excited and I feel like a load of bricks have been lifted. My one caffeinated beverage a week may change to two or three a week. Watch out!
This week I've felt GREAT! No more throwing up, I have had more energy, and my boobs don't hurt when you look at them... But, I still have food aversions. Chicken. Chicken is my enemy! Can't even look at the crap! When Levi lays his chicken breasts out on the counter to thaw, I make him put a towel over it because I very well may throw up if I see it. I also have been having a hard time getting comfortable at night. My lower back has been killing me. I went and bought one of those fancy smancy Boppy pillows and it's works pretty well. I just look like a major idiot trying to get situated on the thing.
Has anyone had trouble with their right thigh going numb and/or tingling? Man, that is annoying! I hate reaching down and not being able to feel my own leg! It does it all the time! Standing up, lying down, doesn't matter. The Doc said it was the baby on a nerve or something? Does anyone know how to make this not happen as much?
As far as food cravings, I can't eat enought fruits and vegetables!!! I don't want bread, meat, candy, CHEESE (if you know me, you know why I put that in all caps)...just fruits and veggies. Need a fruit cup anyone? I have 26. Seriously..I try to eat eggs and wheat toast or something like that in the mornings, but the rest of the day I'm mostly chowin down on tomatoes, celery sticks, strawberries, fruit cups, etc. Early in my pregnancy all I wanted was watermelon. We almost went bankrupt buying the pre-cut watermelon before they were in season! It was like 8 bucks for a small tub of watermelon that I devoured in a day. I also craved milk early on. And I HATE milk! Hate isn't even a strong enough word for the way I feel about milk. I had to drink chocolate milk... I just couldn't do the white stuff.
Levi and I have been doing a lot of reading. I know that "nothing will prepare you to be a parent," but we would like to at least TRY to be prepared, haha. Here's some of our reading material at the moment.

And here's a little info about Gummy Bear this week. I love keeping up with exactly what the baby is doing each week.

If you could peek inside yourself now, you'd see a baby the size of your clenched fist (and come to think of it, at 14 weeks of fetal development, your little one can clench his or her own fist!). As fetal development continues, your baby also has the coordination, strength, and smarts to wiggle his or her fingers and toes and even suck a thumb (how cute is that?). At about 3.5 inches long, your peach-sized baby's little body and limber limbs are coordinated enough for loads of complicated motions.In fact, it's very likely that they're in the middle of some fancy break-dance moves right now! Your baby is also starting to develop the ability to move their eyes this week, although their eyelids remain fused shut for another three months.Growth is happening on top of the head as well — by 14 weeks pregnant, your baby could be sprouting some hair (though the final color may not be determined until birth) and the eyebrows are filling in, too.Hair growth isn't limited to the baby's head, though. He or she is also covered with a downy coating of hair called lanugo, largely there for warmth. As fat accumulates later on in your pregnancy (the baby's fat, not yours — though that will accumulate, too), most of the lanugo will shed — though some babies, especially those born early, still have a fuzzy coating at delivery (it sheds soon afterward).

Oh, and I call the baby "Gummy Bear" because a few days before I found out I was pregnant (it was near Easter) I had a dream that I was pregnant with an Easter egg with a gummy bear floating around inside it. Weird things must go through my head.. HAHA

Of course I can't forget about the Ponder family pooches  ;)  Millie and Minka have been maxin' and relaxin' and Toby has been practicing sitting up by himself... I SERIOUSLY think he thinks he is human. Oh, and while I'm on the dog subject..one of my books said to get a baby doll and carry it around and pretend it's real to get your insanely jealous, overprotective, thinks he is a baby, sweet dog (Toby) used to you showing your attention to something else. Good idea? Bad idea? Hmmm... Anyway, here's some pics of the sweeties this week.

Love,
elizabeth and gummy bear

No comments:

Post a Comment