Thursday, June 16, 2011

~Beach Time~

Hi Ya'll! I had my first prenatal massage the other day. The main reason for getting one was to help with my sciatic nerve I wrote about in a previous blog. Of course, it didn't help one bit. I won't say the name of the place I went, but I definitely won't go back again. (For prenatal massages, that is) A friend of mine suggested a lady named Emily Phillips, so I'll be going to her for my next prenatal massage. The massage wasn't bad, it was just that I had to put my belly in a hole in the table. I looked like a walrus with panties on flopping around trying to get my belly situated in a hole.... Not my finest moment. I would say something else about my boobs, but I'll spare you that information.
My sweet parents-in-law took Levi and I to Bryce's to eat Wednesday evening. I LOVE BRYCE'S! Their fried fish, tartar sauce, and macaroni and cheese can not be beat. Period. I also got to see my great aunt and her family there. I don't get to see them enough. After dinner, Levi and I went over to Lucas and Laura's and discussed the vacation and I played with Landry a bit. She is the cutest little thing.... Even when she's grouchy! Poor thing is teething right now :(



Lately, I've been racking my brain about cribs and things I need to register for. I know that babies require many things, but my gracious! I'm so ready to find out the sex of this baby so I can get started on it. This is definitely going to be a chore! I found a "cheat sheet" online of what now mommies would have registered for if they knew then what they know now. I spent all day the other day looking at just cribs and bedding. Decisions, Decisions!!!! What do yall think about this crib??

It's convertible. I've pretty much fallen in love with it, but Levi would like to go to Shreveport and look at some more. Oh well, its fun! I just want to get everything NOW NOW NOW! I'm like an impatient 4 year old! Maybe this is God's way of trying to teach me patience......it's not working.
I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life that already love this baby so much. Whether it's phone calls/texts/messages from people just checking on us or people offering ways to help us out, I have been overwhelmed by all the love! So thankful for all my family and friends.

I spent the day today with Olivia. First, we went to our grandparents house and visited with them for about an hour. They are very excited about this baby. I never thought my Bigdaddy would play with and talk to my belly! haha  Memaw loaded me up with some fresh tomatoes for the baby. I'm still all about some fruits and veggies. While at Laura and Lucas' the other night, "Farmer Lucas" gave baby some cucumbers out of his garden Mmmmmm. After our visit with Memaw and Bigdaddy, we made a quick stop at Sonic, went to my hair appointment, and then ate at McAlister's. That crazy sister of mine had only eaten at McAlister's once! She very much enjoyed it! And I put a major hurtin' on the salad I got. It was so big that I didn't think I was going to put a dent in it and the next thing I know it was completely gone. I guess I was hungry... Olivia took this goofy picture of me while eating.


After lunch, we took Toby to the vet for his check up. He was not thrilled about this, however. Aunt Livy got him a bone afterwards so I think he forgave us. Everyone at the vet's office asked about Minka. She's quiet the celebrity around there :)


I know I said this in my last blog, but I'll say it again. I'm extremely excited about our vacation coming up! I've been packing all week and pretty much have everything packed except for little things like my toothbrush. We haven't been to the beach in almost 4 years, so I CAN NOT wait to put my toes in the sand!


We are going with 4 other couples and their kiddos. I just wish I could enjoy some fresh, raw oysters and adult beverages :D Tomorrow I have to get my tires aligned, take the dogs to their "grandparents" in Linden, and double check all my packing. We leave at 5 a.m. Saturday morning. I love road trips <3 Driving there is fun....it's the drive home that's not too much fun.
The drive down there, however, is going to be interesting to say the least. It's probably going to take us 15 hours to get there instead of the 9 hours MapQuest says it takes. Traveling with 5 people, a pregnant woman (me), a 10 month old, a two year old, and two teenagers may require frequent stops...... Oh well, as long as we get there. Then we have a whole 7 days to enjoy! The rest of the group won't get there until Sunday.
Well, I think I'm out of things to bore ya'll with...if anyone even reads this silly thing. Time to chow down on some Firehouse Subs! Don't worry, I always put deli meat in the microwave first! :)

Love,
mama walrus and my little tomato lover

No comments:

Post a Comment