Thursday, June 9, 2011

~*Baby Ponder*~

Since I will be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow and have just now started this blogging thing, I'll recap the last few months for y'all! After months of trying to conceive, Levi and I went to our doctor and discovered I had a thyroid problem that was not allowing me to ovulate! UGH... So, he put me on some medicine and within a couple of weeks I was preggers!!!!! I began feeling a little nauseous one evening while we were spending time with some friends and continued to feel that way for a couple of days. I took a home pregnancy test and it said negative, but I just KNEW I was pregnant. One day after work, I went to the doctor and had a blood test done to see if I was pregnant. I didn't tell Levi because I was afraid it was going to say negative like all the other hundreds of tests I had taken. I also didn't want to get his hopes up on my crazy feeling. The nurse told me they would call me the next day with the results. I prepared myself for a "I'm sorry Mrs. Ponder, but the test was negative." I got the call at 10:30 while I was in the middle of teaching ANNNNDDD she told me it was positive and that I was going to be a mommy! I'm tearing up just thinking about that phone call. The nurse asked me what made me come in for the blood test and I told her I had been feeling pregnant, but the home tests were saying negative. She informed me that the reason they were saying negative was because I had only conceived the week before and it was too soon for the home tests to show positive. She also told me I must be extra sensitive to the pregnancy hormone to have been having symptoms so early. Basically, I started having morning sickness 3 or 4 days after I conceived. Crazy, huh? I grabbed the teacher next door and had her watch my class while I went to the restroom and bawled for a good 5-10 minutes. That was the happiest moment in my life! I had to refrain from calling Levi because I didn't want to tell him over the phone. --Remember: He doesn't even know I had the blood test done-- When we started trying for a family, I had a shirt made that says "Future Ponder Baby" and when he came home from work that afternoon I had it on. Needless to say, he was very surprised :)

Since I wasn't very far along, we had to wait a whole month to go to the doctor for our first check up! Now people, this is an extremely long time when 1) you want to know if everything is ok and 2) your dear, wonderful husband doesn't want to announce it until after the first appointment. Which I completely understand and everything, but if you know me, I'm not exactly the most patient person in the world. Especially when all I wanted to do was run down the road shouting, "I'M PREGNANT!!!" Anyhoo, our first appointment went great! He said I was 8 weeks 4 days at that time and everything was progressing normally. We got the ultrasound to see our little gummy bear and hear his/her little heart beat. By the way, it's the most amazing sound in the world. I boohooed. And I'm not talking about a little tear here, a little tear there. I'm talking about BOOHOOED. I screwed up the ultrasound because I was bawling so hard and the lady doing the ultrasound had to tell me, "Ma'am you're going to have to try to be still for it to work." I think I just held my breath the rest of the time. I was floating on cload 9 the rest of the day. She recorded the ultrasound on a DVD for us and I think I watched it 210 times when I got home. It's the most amazing thing EVER seeing and hearing your baby for the first time. For those of you who have kiddos, you know exactly what I mean. There are just no words to describe it.

So then, I have to wait another 4 weeks until my next appointment. I think until this baby is born I'm going to live for the next doctor's appointment. My sweet sister, Olivia, went with me to my appointment this time. I was 12 1/2 weeks. No ultrasound this time, but we got to listen to the heartbeat! If it wasn't for her sitting in the corner cracking me up, I would have definitely boohooed again. Every 5-10 seconds we heard a little "thump." The doctor said it was the baby kicking! Sounds like this baby is going to be a feisty, little thing!

 It was so neat, but it made me want to feel the kicks EVEN MORE! I realize it's still really early, but I spend a lot of time during the day trying to be really still and feel the baby kick. A couple of times while lying in bed I thought I felt something, but it may just be little muscle spasms or something. Back to the appointment (sorry, I tend to ramble)...he said everything was sounding great. However, I was thinking that the appointment after this appointment was the one when we find out the sex of the baby........Nope......Remember what I said about me and patience....I started whinning like a child when he told me that! "But, but, but I thought it would be the next time." Soooo, I'll be 21 weeks before we find out. Grrrr I'm ready to starting shopping and registering!!! haha

My next appointment is on June 30.
I'm really going to try to keep this blog up to date!! =D

Tah-Tah For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment