Friday, October 26, 2012

Eat, Sleep, Play, -repeat-

Since I had to wait a frickin' hour at the stitch removin' place for a 2 minute procedure (which was kinda painful!) I had a little time to think about my next blog.

I had a person ask me the other day what Luke and my schedule was like right after he was born. For example: how much he ate, how often he ate, how often he woke up during the night, etc. etc. but I couldn't remember exactly (which highly upset me.)

 
I guess it was the sleep deprivation or something that caused me to not remember much . . . SO I thought I would write a blog about what our days are like right now, at 11 months old :)


4:25 a.m. Alarm clock goes off. No, that is not a typo. 4:25 A.M.. Levi gets ready and goes to the gym at 5:00 a.m. Yes, that's right, 5 a.m. You better believe that this momma stays in bed til Boog wakes up.

6 a.m. Luke wakes up. He usually plays around in his crib for about 15 minutes and then starts yelling at me. I change his diaper, turn on his morning cartoons, get myself dressed, and make his bottle. Seeing this sweet face smiling when I walk into his room every morning is the greatest gift.


6:30 a.m. Luke eats a 6 ounce bottle and then we cuddle in the recliner while his formula settles and finish watching his cartoons. If I let him down to crawl around right after he eats, the whole bottle will come back up and he'll make a Milk Angel. I call them Milk Angels because they are kinda like snow angels, except instead of laying down in snow he lays down in his formula that he just spit up and sways his arms back and forth and makes a Milk Angel.. yeah I know it's kinda gross but it's pretty darn funny)


7 a.m. I wash bottles, make coffee and breakfast, unload/load the dishwasher, tend to the puppy doggies outside, make the bed, and visit with Levi while he gets ready for work. Luke is usually at my feet during all of this.


7:30 a.m. Luke eats breakfast which is usually 4 tablespoons of oatmeal and a tub of fruit mixed together. We then say byebye to Daddy and wave to him as he drives away to go to work.

8-9 a.m. Playtime! Luke plays in his exersaucer for about 15 minutes so his food can settle (we sure don't need an oatmeal and fruit angel...) and then I turn him loose! It's crazy what my child would rather play with instead of his toys..


9 a.m. Snack time and a 3 ounce bottle. He eats either Puffs, Waffle Wheels, Yogurt, small piece of a whole wheat bagel, one or two whole wheat crackers, or yogurt melts.

9:15 a.m. Nap time. I either clean, do laundry, write in my blog, or do something crafty.

10:30 a.m. He usually wakes up about this time. I never know though. Sometimes he will sleep 45 minutes and sometimes he sleeps 2 hours.

10:30-11:30 a.m. Play time! If we have errands to run, we will do them in this time slot.


11:30 a.m. Luke eats lunch which is usually a tub of Gerber's Nutritious Dinner (that's what they're called.. At first, Levi thought I was just calling it "Nutritious" to be funny) and 3 ounces of formula in a sippy cup. Then back in the exersaucer, my lap, or stays in the high chair and plays for a few minutes until his food settles.


12-1:30 p.m. More Playtime!


1:30 p.m. Levi gets home for lunch. We visit with him and Luke tells him about our morning :)

2:00 p.m. Snack time and a 3 ounce bottle.

2:15 p.m. Nap time. Once again, I either  clean, do laundry, write in my blog, or do something crafty. Sometimes I might just take a nap with him in "the big bed" or let him sleep on top of me in the recliner while I search for recipes from my phone.


3:30 p.m. He usually wakes up about this time and we snuggle and watch Little Einsteins or some other educational cartoon for a few minutes.

Still trying to wake up. It takes him a little while.
 Ok we're awake now!

3:45-4:20 p.m. Play outside. We will either sit on the back porch or make a pallet in the grass.


4:20 p.m.  Levi gets home from work! Sometimes we will stand at the front door and watch for him to drive up and he gets so excited!

4:20- 5:00 p.m. Visit with Daddy and talk about our days.

5:00 p.m. Luke eats dinner which is usually a tub of vegetables, 4 tablespoons of mixed grain rice, and a 3 ounces bottle.


5:30 p.m. We start making our dinner about this time. If it's a pretty day we will grill and sit on the back porch.

6:00 p.m. Eat Dinner. I try to include Luke when we're at the table. I'll put him in his high chair and give him something small from our meal to eat (if possible) or a toy to play with. Whoever cooked that night plays with Luke while the other person cleans the kitchen.

6:30 p.m. Family Play Time!

7:15 p.m. (or about this time) Luke starts to get sleepy. Either Levi or I will give him a bath, put on his jammies, and brush his teeth while the other person is getting his room ready and making his bottle. Then whoever was getting his room and bottle ready will read him his night night book, give him a 6 ounce bottle, wipe his teeth off (don't want him to get the Bottle Mouth), and rock him to sleep while the other person that bathed him cleans up the bathroom. I hope all of that made sense : /


 

8:00 p.m. Luke is in bed now and it's mommy daddy time. We usually spend it on the couch watching our t.v. shows.

9:00 Levi and I start getting ready for bed. Yes, I understand this is an early bed time for adults, but remember, our alarm clock goes off the next morning at 4:25 A.M.!

Well, that's about it. A day in the Ponder house. This post is mainly for myself to look back on later down the road so I hope I didn't bore too many people with it. Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment