Friday, October 19, 2012

Good Eats and a Ghetto Crib

Happy Friday Everyone! The past week has been pretty uneventful due to my surgery and the fact that I can't do much :( Levi's parents and my Memaw have been a great help with Luke. And Levi has been SUPER DAD! He has been taking care of me and Luke. We are pretty darn lucky. And boy oh boy is he sexy! Sorry ladies, but this super hunky daddy is alllllll mine :D


I have/had (whatever) De Quervain's Disease, which is basically a tendon problem in my wrist. The doctor said afterwards that he's glad I had the surgery because my anatomy was a little different from most and he had to not only open up the sheath around my tendons, but also remove extra sheath that was in my wrist. He said it would have never gotten better on it's own without the surgery. Anyhoo, I'm sporting this Beauty for a little while until I get my stitches out next Friday.


Betty Crocker here actually cooked a little this week. I'm going to end up being a lefty by the time all this arm crap is over with though. Last night I cooked Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos. They were super scrumptious and super healthy. All it is is lettuce, ground turkey with taco seasoning, shredded cheese, tomatoes, and salsa. Levi put rice in his and loved it! Beans would have been good too I bet. The recipe also called for tomato sauce mixed in with the turkey meat, but I didn't do that. I wish I had though because the turkey was a little dry. So easy. We had to add a piece of cheesecake for dessert to make up for all the calories this meal didn't offer..

 
A few days ago we had steak, baked potatoes, zucchini boats, and wine. Oh. My. Stars. It was great! Of course I didn't go exactly by the recipe (I never do) but this is how I did it. I sliced the zucchini long ways and scooped out all the seeds. Then I added shredded cheese (you can use whatever kind you like- I used a mixed blend, but I'm going to try mozzarella next time), sliced tomatoes, bread crumbs, more cheese, and then salt, pepper, and basil. Throw them on the grill for a few minutes and WALA! Yumminess! You can also cook them in the oven. But to me, everything is better grilled :) I forgot to take a picture of it, but this is the picture that came with the recipe.

 

They tasted like zucchini pizza. Definitely going to cook these again! And more of them. I scarfed down one "boat" quick! Tonight is Pizza night. Friday is ALWAYS pizza night. I'm loving me some Gusano's Pizza! Their Supreme pizza is the best pizza I have ever had! Oh jeeze, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.. Ok, on to something else..

My latest DIY project if you want to call it that has been "bumpers" for Luke's crib. I did this for 2 reasons: 1) Right when he learned to stand up in his crib he would fall and hit his head. He fell and hit his head 3 times before I came up with this genius idea. When he fell I could get from my bed to him in, I kid you not, 2 seconds flat! Can't be having all that. Poor baby. And 2) because he would gnaw on the crib when he stood up.


Yeah, it's kinda ghetto looking, but it serves the purpose. I rather have a ghetto looking crib for a while and no concussions than a good looking crib and a concussion or hospital visit. I wrapped blankets around the top and secured them with some left over tulle I had from a wreath I made.

Lately we have been sitting outside a lot because the weather has been so nice. Luke LOVES watching the puppy dogs. He is so relaxed when we go outside. Takes after his Momma :) Excuse the no makeup.


We got a little messy right before bath time last night so I let him "run around" without any clothes on for a while. Is that not the cutest little butt?


 

I hear him stirring around in his crib now so I guess nap time in about over with.

Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment