Friday, October 26, 2012

Pinterest and Ice Cream Rock!

True story
true story.
My husband hears this all the time...
watch out.
 
I figured while I'm blogging about our lives as parents, I would also make this a place to share my Pinterest finds. I'm totally addicted to Pinterest and I'm not afraid to say it.

First let me update yall on that Lasagna Roll Up recipe I wrote about the other day. Remember, the Lasagna I froze for a day that we weren't in the mood to cook? FAN~FREAKIN~TASTIC! Definitely making it again. Levi grabbed a salad from Papa Murphy's to go with it and it ended up being a great (easy) meal. Here's the recipe one more time.
http://cookingclassy.blogspot.com/2012/02/lasagna-roll-ups.html

My second successful Pinterest recipe is the Southwest Stuffed Peppers. YUMMOLA! Levi and I enjoyed the stuffing in the peppers so much we decided next time we are going to make just the stuffing and put it in tortillas.

They would have been prettier if we would have used all different colored peppers I think. Here's the recipe.
http://www.sunnysideupsd.com/2012/06/southwest-stuffed-peppers/

And last but not least is a baked shrimp recipe. We really thought this was good excpet for the Italian seasoning that went on top. It gave it a weird taste. We are definitely making this again, but next time putting something other than the Italian seasoning. Suggestions?

The recipe is very simple.
Melt a stick of butter in the pan. Slice one lemon (I did two lemons) and layer it on top of the butter. Put down fresh shrimp, then sprinkle one pack of dried Italian seasoning. Put in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 min.

Outside of the kitchen I have finally gotten over whatever sickness decided to knock me to my knees for a few days and in a couple of hours I am going to get my stitches removed. . . . skeeered.

Levi continues to prove that I am the luckiest gal in the world. He surprised me with this after we got Luke to bed the other night. My FAVORITE! What an awesome hubby :D It doesn't take much to make this Momma happy!


And now here are some pictures of my Love Bug that I snapped yesterday and today.

Daddy rocking baby
 Enjoying the outdoors
 Minka and Luke BFF
 Got your nose, Minka!
 So serious
 The wind was blowing and he was fascinated by the trees and the leaves falling
 I'm coming to get you, Mom!!
 Brushing our teeth this morning and watching Daddy shave

Yes, I've already busted out the Christmas jammies! I'm so excited about Christmas this year! That's all for now. I have to get dressed to go to the stitch removin' place  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment