Sunday, October 21, 2012

Baby's 1st Pumpkin!

 
So I gave Hubs a deadline of today to finish our kitchen renovation. We started this renovation in early August... So he worked hard all day yesterday and is going to finish up the final touches today. He has done such a great job!


Since I am still handicapped due to my surgery, Luke and I played most of the day :) He absolutely loves his new book that his Aunt Joyce gave his last week!



And then we played in a box. He loves playing with boxes, containers, Tupperware, and empty water bottles so much more than any of the toys he has..


And oh course I have to mention another ghetto DIY project I did this weekend. A while back we bought Luke some cute little carseat strap covers so the straps wouldn't rub his neck.

Well, his new high chair has straps similar to his car seat and they also rub his neck and make it red and irritated. So instead of going to Target and getting covers like we have for his car seat (a whopping 5 bucks), I decided to make some! I took one of my fuzzy socks and cut the toe and the heel out and WALA! Strap covers! Don't be jealous of my geniousness... ha (and yes, I think I just created that word)


Enough of that. On to the exciting stuff! We carved Luke's first Halloween pumpkin this weekend! I think I had more fun than Luke did! If anyone decides to do this same pumpkin (hands for the eyes and feet for the mouth) I would highly recommend getting the paint out and doing hand and footprints on a piece of paper, cut those out, and then trace them onto the pumpkin. Your child might sit still long enough to let you trace his/her hands and feet on the pumpkin, but mine wasn't having any of that.. On to the pictures.

Wo Mom this thing is huge! What am I supossed to do exactly??
 ewww gross. but these little seed thingies are pretty cool
 time out. gotta check on the dogs
 how my doing dad!?!?
 all done!! now it's MINKA TIME!!
 Luke and his first Halloween pumpkin!
 He was so proud of his pumpkin
 Luke, Daddy, and the pumpkin!
 Ta-Da!
 And the after dark pumpkin

Today I slaved over a hot stove most of the morning. First, I cooked the pumpkin seeds that I saved from Luke's pumpkin. I've never eaten pumpkin seeds so I was eager to try them. I started by mixing all the ingredients together and then coating the seeds. Looking good, huh?


The recipe I used said to bake them for 15-20 minutes. I set the oven timer for 15 minutes and when there was 4 minutes left on the timer, smoke started coming out of the over.... Needless to say, they got a little crisp.


After throwing those in the trash... I started making a lasagna recipe I came across on Pinterest. They are called Lasagna Rolls Ups. While cooking, Luke and I jammed out to Toddler Radio on Pandora and Dad was replacing light fixtures. I haven't tried the Roll Ups yet because I froze them for an easy pop in the oven meal when I really don't feel like cooking. They took quite a while to make, but boy oh boy did they look and smell good. I can't wait to try them! I wrapped each one individually in foil and then put them in a zip lock bag and wrote what was inside and how to cook them on the bag.



Lasagna anyone?!?! Here is the recipe I used if anyone is interested in making some! http://cookingclassy.blogspot.com/2012/02/lasagna-roll-ups.html
Welp, that about somes up our weekend. Pretty uneventful, but hey, my kitchen looks darn good and baby's got a pumpkin. Success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment