Friday, August 19, 2011

24 Weeks

Luke weighs 2 pounds now! He is now gaining about 6 ounces per week.

Luke's checklist this week: 1) ears: done; 2) fingernails: done; 3) toenails: done; 4) eyebrows and eyelashes: done; 5) lung walls: secreting surfactant- a surface activated fat on his lungs necessary for breathing and 6) testicles: taking their 3-4 day trip from tummy to scrotum.

Last Week

This Week

Hello Belly Button!


Update

How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Gender: BOY

Weight Gain: I gained 7 pounds this month!! That's a total of 12 pounds so far.. BUT, Dr. G said it was fine and he's not worried about it because I hadn't gained much before this. So I guess when you think of it as a pregnant woman gaining 12 pounds in 6 months, it doesn't seem so bad haha

I also learned at my doctor's appointment today that 1) I'll be getting another sonogram a few weeks before Luke's due date. Yaay! and 2) at my next appointment I will have to drink the nasty koolaide, wait an hour, and then have the diabetes test done. Not so Yaay!

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. I need to get some maternity "lounge around the house" t-shirts I guess because my belly now hangs out the bottom of my once too big pre-pregnancy t-shirts :/

Movement: (smile) He's my little jumpin' bean. He gets more active by the day. Usually he naps for an hour or two and then "plays" for about 15-20 minutes and then naps again. Lately he "plays" for a lot longer. Wednesday afternoon and evening I think he might have taken one nap it seemed like.

Sleep: The usual leg numbness and every other hour potty breaks. I really miss being able to sleep on my back and on my right side so I can snuggle with Levi. Earlier this week I got a BAD charlie horse leg cramp in my calf. My calf muscle is STILL sore.

Cravings: Every now and then I crave lemons. Or for example, wanting salmon for dinner so I could squirt a bunch of lemon on it.

Aversions: Besides chicken, none

Stretch Marks: None

Symptoms: See previous blog..... Too much to type all that out again.

Belly Button In or Out: Hmm well...it's not an innie and its not an outie..it's like an evenie..it's even with my tummy haha

What I Miss: This week I really missed being able to have a glass of wine after work

What I Look Forward To: My school kiddos starting back to school on Monday. At "Meet the Teacher," two of my new kids commented on my "big belly" (which was absolutely hilarious!) and I'm eager to hear what comes out of the kids mouths that I had last year.

Best Mommy Moment of the Week: Levi seeing Luke kick. Remember me telling about how on Wednesday it seemed like he moved around all afternoon and evening? He saw my belly move that evening. Luke definitely was trying to put on a show for Daddy and he did a great job :) Two of my friends also got to feel him kick this week. I think I was just as excited as they were. It's just really neat being able to share that with others.

This Week's Nursery Accomplishments :)

Chair- BEFORE

Chair- AFTER

I'm a tad bit proud of myself :)

Luke's Changing Table/ Dresser

Mirror

Side Table Next To Rocking Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment