Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hand it all over to God

Well guys, I'm getting nervous. I was cool, calm, and collected until a few days ago. Maybe it was Levi's cousin having her twin babies and being in the hospital with her. Or maybe the fact that I'm about to be in my third trimester. Or maybe because everyone has been telling me about how their children were born really early and two of my friends just had their babies a month early. Or maybe because all these crazy dreams I've been having lately. Or maybe because this school year is not too great and I'm trying to find the time to do tons of preparations for when I'm on maternity leave. Or maybe because that silly little countdown thing at the top of this blog only has two more places to slide over! Who knows. All I know is this little momma is stressin'.

Is this normal to be scared out of my freaking mind?!?!?

Don't get me wrong...I'm over the moon excited about this all at the same time!

I've also discovered in the past month or so that I am a MAJOR control freak and anything important that I can't make sure gets done the right way (by me) I stress over...

I was talking to Levi about me being nervous and I asked him if he was nervous. He said yes, but we are nervous about two totally different things. He's nervous about bringing the baby home and knowing all the right things to do (completely normal). I, on the other hand, am nervous about the things I can't control like getting him out safely. I can't control that and it scares the **** out of me! Once I get him home and he is swaddled in a cute little blanket and we are rocking in our comfy rocking chair, I will be just fine. But until then, I guess I'll just continue to be a worry wart. I'm trying my best though to hand it all over to God.

P.S. I just proof read this and I sound like a complete psycho, but I don't care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment