Thursday, July 28, 2011

~Luke's Room~

I think I'm still floating on cloud nine and in disbelief that I am going to have a SON! Wow. The past couple of days Levi and I have been getting used to saying words like "him" and "he" and "son" and "Luke" For those of you who don't know yet, his name is Luke Thomas. Awww I just love typing and saying that sweet little name :)
I don't know much about little boys, but I'm so excited about learning! I hope I will be a good mommy and know all the right things to do.
I've had several people mention this book so I bought it! So far, I'm really enjoying it.


Some very exciting nursery things have been happening around the Ponder house this week! I know I have like four more months before he gets here, but I feel like I have to have the nursery done ASAP. It's either my "nesting" thing kicking in too early or I'm just excited and want to get it finished ha. Plus, it's really fun finally getting to do all this! We want to do his room in a sports theme so we decided on his bedding and ordered it! We should be getting it in any day now!
Our glider got delivered yesterday!!! I LOVE it! It is so comfortable and matches the crib perfectly!


Levi is becoming a "put-er-together" pro!


Ta-Da!!!!

The next piece of furniture on our list is the changing table. We have had quite a time trying to decide on what to do for a changing table. We decided on a table from Target, BUT when it got here it was the wrong color. SO we decided on plan C. We completely skipped over plan B (which was order the one that matches the crib...it was more expensive than the freakin crib! Like WAY more expensive...out of the question for a stupid changing table).
Plan C is to use my childhood dresser. It's upstairs in the guest bedroom at the moment and needs to be repainted. We were thinking about painting it some color from his bedding. Maybe like the navy blue color or the red color that you can see on his quilt in the picture above. Any ideas????
This is what my dresser looks like...different handles though...

Image Detail

The letters on the wall are pretty cute too! I think we are going to put his full name on the wall over his crib. Kind of like these.. Don't pay attention to the stripes on the wall..




And last, but not least, we want to paint the walls the light brown color that is in his bedding (see above) and get a little book shelf like this one.


Or this one..



AND, little things like lamps, mirror, wall art, side table, etc.  THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!! Yes, maybe I'm a nerd or maybe just an insanely excited mommy to be. I don't care. I'm loving every minute!


No comments:

Post a Comment