Friday, July 8, 2011

Week 18~ Let the Soccer Games Begin!

18 weeks down...22 to go! Our baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (crown to rump) and is now covered in a waxy substance. Skill of the week: (drum roll please) the art of the yawn has been mastered! How cute is that?!?!
My lovely baby bump
Don't hate on the multi-colored pajamas k!

Update:

How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Gender: We will find out in 18 days... I have a feeling it's a girl, but Olivia and the rest of the world think it's a boy...

My Total Weight Gain: I'm not weighing myself each week because the scales I have at home are psychotic. The stupid thing works fine for Levi, but as soon as I step on, it just turns off or flashes all different numbers. (Maybe it's trying to tell me something....) I'll just keep putting 5 pounds until I find out at my next doctor's appointment :) They said from now on I should gain an average of 4 pounds each month..

Maternity Clothes: I'm going to have to go shopping pretty soon....I have plenty of shirts to get me through the rest of the summer, but I'm having a lot of trouble wearing my pre-preggo bottoms with the belly band.... Ain't workin' anymore.

Movement: Big Week! Big, Big Week! I felt the first kick on Tuesday! I am 100% positive this time it wasn't gas, or digestion, or a muscle spasm, or whatever! I was sitting on the couch surfing the Internet and the baby kicked me three good times and then again about a minute later! Then, I felt a BIG kick that night when I was almost asleep. Of course, I didn't go to sleep til almost an hour after that because I was hoping to feel another one! My little wannabe soccer player has been scoring a bunch of goals ever since then. I put Levi's hand on my belly the night before last to see if he could feel the kicks and the baby went crazy! He/she kicked at least 6 or 7 good times in the 5 minutes his hand was on my belly. He said he couldn't feel any of them though. The baby may just have to get a little bigger before he can feel them?

Sleep: Well, since Tuesday I've been trying to stay awake to feel the baby kick. Other than that, I've slept pretty good this week. Can't complain too much about the leg numbness or the back aches. Maybe I'm just getting used to them though.

Cravings: Twix and candy.... About 8:30 every night I want something sweet. I usually don't like chocolate and I'd usually prefer salty foods over sweet foods, but this week it's all about Twix and candy. I try to grab a piece of fruit most of the time to satisfy the cravings. And yesterday for lunch I had a rather interesting meal... Nachos and turnip greens. Oh yes people...And it was good.
My appetite has increased majorly the past few days! I'm STARVING every 2-3 hours! I might have a 10 pound weight gain this month instead of a 4 pound gain ha

Aversions: I'm doing much better! I think I may be over the aversions. (Hopefully) Stay turned though....this may change.

Symptoms: I've noticed I have been easily getting out of breath. No cramping this week (Hallelujah). No nose bleeds. More energy- I actually made a trip to Wal-Mart, cooked two real dinners and redecorated the living room this week..Watch out!

Best Mommy Moment of the Week: FEELING THE BABY KICK! YAAAY!!!!! I've been waiting for that since I found out I was a mommy!

We also started registering this week :) Couldn't wait any longer...just couldn't do it. I know you are supposed to wait until you know the sex of the baby, BUT here's what we did... We registered at 3 places for all the "big" stuff that we will re-use for baby number 2 (and maybe 3??) in neutral colors. We also registered for bottles and other things that the sex doesn't matter. Now, all we have left to register for are the things that we would definitely like to get in either pink or blue and the baby's clothes! We also have to go buy the rest of the nursery furniture, bedding, and decor.

I'm having so much fun getting ready for this baby! It's like every single day I'm a kid that's about to go to Disney World the next day haha Sorry there's only one picture on this post. I know how some people just look at blogs for the pictures. I'm guilty of that sometimes ;)

Love,
twix lovin' mommie and future soccer player

No comments:

Post a Comment