Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shopping for Baby

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe July 4th weekend! Hubs and I went to Dallas this weekend. We first (of course) had to stop and eat at Freebirds when we got there. I guess everyone knew we were coming, because that place was packed!

Then we ventured off and found a Burlington Coat Factory Baby Depot. Levi said he felt like he needed to keep one hand on me and one hand on his wallet the whole time we were there. They didn't have anything that 'blew our skirts up' so we continued on to Babies 'R' Us. That place was overwhelming! I'm used to places like Target with a few isles of baby stuff and that place was two stories. As soon as we walked through the door, I got my checklist out and we went to work on Isle 1. Let me just say that I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband that helps me make decisions on these kinds of things. Some hubbies would have been down the road at the sports bar while the wife did this kind of shopping by herself.
By the time we got finished looking at cribs on the second floor, I was brain dead. Good news though! We finally decided on a crib and ordered it last night! YAAAYY! A sweet family member of mine offered to buy it for us and we can't thank her enough. What do y'all think??
Crib
Toddler Bed

Day Bed

Full Size Bed

We also decided on all the other major things like the rest of the baby's furniture, pack 'n play, nursery theme, crib bedding, car seats, stroller, etc. I'm so glad we have all that decided on so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm a major worry wart people.... Plus, I wanted to get all this taken care of before school starts back next month. Now, all I have to do is sit back, relax, and watch my belly grow for the rest of the summer haha Oh, and count down the days til my next appointment (21 by the way). After we finished looking at everything for Gummy Bear, we went and did a little shopping for us at the Galleria and of course we HAD to buy SOMETHING for baby...

This child doesn't have one stitch of clothing, but by goodness he/she has some Dallas Cowboys slipppers! Aren't they adorable!?!?!

We then ventured to Forth Worth and went to a Ranger's Game. It was so hot for the first 30 minutes we were there, but when the sun went down it wasn't too bad. Don't worry, I drank two $4.75 bottles of water while there and a lemon slushie thing.


I was so tired by the time we got back to the car. I slept most of the way home and then when we got home (at 2 a.m.) I almost got attacked by a psycho locust (I HATE locusts).

We were pretty lazy the rest of the weekend. I downloaded some music for baby on my IPod on my IPhone and we listen to it every now and then. I put one earplug in my ear and the other in my belly button hahaha (speaking of my belly button...that thing is starting to make it's way out already! I didn't think that happened til WAY later)

Update on the dogs: I have discovered that Toby likes piano and classical music. If I hold the earplug out he puts his ear up to it or he will lay his head on my belly close to the ear plug when two certain songs come on. It's so cute! Poor Millie is about to have a heart attack from all the afternoon thunderstorms and firecrackers lately. And Minka, well, she's just been "rockin out with her tooth out." Love my babies :) TTFN!

Love,
maxin and relaxin momma and music baby

No comments:

Post a Comment